INCS 2015 Essay Prize
- The $500 award recognizes excellence in interdisciplinary scholarship on any nineteenth-century topic. See below for eligibility rules.
- We encourage members of INCS to nominate an essay written by a current member of INCS or to submit their own work.
- The winner will be announced at the 2016 conference, sponsored by Appalachian State University in Asheville, NC, from March 10-13, 2016. The winner will be invited to put together a panel for the 2017 INCS conference.
- Only current (2015) members of INCS are eligible (membership is for the calendar year).
- Articles that appeared in print in a journal or an edited collection in 2015 are eligible; if the date of publication is not 2014, but the essay appeared in 2015, it is eligible. Essays published in online, peer-reviewed journals are considered to be “in print” and are thus eligible.
- The essay must make a significant contribution to the field of nineteenth-century studies.
- Current INCS Board Members’ essays are not eligible for consideration.
- Former INCS Board Members’ essays are not eligible until five years have passed since their service.
- Those not yet members who wish to have their essays considered are permitted to join INCS for the year of the essay’s nomination up until just before judging commences a week or so into the new year.